Donation Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
We depend on your donations to keep our shelves stocked with quality items for resale. We are currently using a no-contact donating system as we practice social distancing, and we have worked to make donating a smooth and simple experience. During our donation hours we have bins outside the donation entrance with labels such as “clothing”, “housewares”, “toys”, “electronics” etc. We ask that you have your donations sorted and organized prior to arrival so that you can simply drive up, and drop your items off in the designated bins. (Please do not leave items outside after business hours or on the weekend.) If you would like a tax receipt, our volunteers will be happy to provide one.
If you have furniture pieces you are looking to donate, you can bring it during our donation hours, OR, we can set up a scheduled time any day of the week for you to drop it off. Please call us in advance so we can set up a furniture donation appointment (616-942-2929). We are not able to help unload furniture at this time, so you’ll have to bring any help you’ll need to unload furniture pieces from your vehicle into the store.
We offer free furniture pickup on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please call or email us in advance to get on our schedule. All items for pickups must be out of your garage.
What We Accept
We accept quality, gently-used items in the following categories:
- Books and magazines (except encyclopedias)
- Baby items (except car seats and cribs)
- Clothing (children’s, juniors, and adults)
- Electronic items (except televisions, computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners)
- Household appliances (large appliances must be current – 10 years old or newer)
- Housewares and wall art
- Sporting goods (except exercise equipment such as treadmills, weight sets, etc)
- Toys and games (except stuffed animals)
- Vehicles (such as autos, boats, and campers)
What We Do Not Accept
To maintain quality and safety and to make efficient use of our resources, we do not accept the following items:
- Dirty, broken or damaged goods
- Televisions, large or small
- Computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners (if you have used computers, computer accessories, or computer components to donate, you can bring them to CompRenew)
- Children’s car seats—changing safety standards bans them from resale shops
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Exercise equipment such as treadmills and weight machines
- Home renovation items such as kitchen sinks, kitchen cabinets, paint, etc.
- Any liquid items (shampoo, paint, soap etc.)
Did you know that the I.R.S. value of your donated items is usually larger than their garage sale value? Every item you donate to New 2 You is tax-deductible. Find help with donation tax deduction values here.
photo credit Dawn Wiltzer Photography