We depend on your donations to keep our shelves stocked with quality items for resale. Donating to New 2 You is easy! Simply drop off your items at the marked donation door of our Grand Rapids thrift store at 2929 29th Street. Items are gladly accepted during our regular business hours. (Please do not leave items outside after business hours or on the weekend.) If you would like a tax receipt, our volunteers will be happy to provide one.
We offer free pickup for furniture items! Call us at 616-942-2929 to schedule a pickup time.
What We Accept
We accept quality, gently-used items in the following categories:
- Books and magazines (except textbooks and encyclopedias)
- Baby items (except car seats and cribs)
- Clothing (children’s, juniors, and adults)
- Electronic items (except televisions, computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners)
- Furniture (upholstered furniture should not be stained or torn) We no longer accept entertainment centers
- Household appliances (large appliances must be current – 10 years old or newer)
- Housewares and wall art
- Sporting goods (except exercise equipment such as treadmills, weight sets, etc)
- Toys and games
- Vehicles (such as autos, boats, and campers)
What We Do Not Accept
To maintain quality and safety and to make efficient use of our resources, we do not accept the following items:
- Broken or damaged goods
- Televisions, large or small
- Computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners (if you have used computers, computer accessories, or computer components to donate, you can bring them to CompRenew)
- Children’s car seats—changing safety standards ban them from resale shops
- Entertainment Centers
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Exercise equipment such as treadmills and weight machines
- Home improvement items such as kitchen sinks, kitchen cabinets, paint, etc.
Did you know that the I.R.S. value of your donated items is usually larger than their garage sale value? Every item you donate to New 2 You is tax-deductible. Find help with donation tax deduction values here.
photo credit Dawn Wiltzer Photography