*Note: Our donation center is closed until further notice.
For now, our focus is on making our selling floor a safe and positive shopping experience. We will open back up for donations at some point, but for now we kindly ask that you hang on to those donations for us a little longer until we’re able to open our donation center back up.
We depend on your donations to keep our shelves stocked with quality items for resale. Donating to New 2 You is easy! Simply drop off your items at the marked donation door of our Grand Rapids thrift store at 2929 29th Street. Items are gladly accepted during our regular business hours. (Please do not leave items outside after business hours or on the weekend.) If you would like a tax receipt, our volunteers will be happy to provide one.
*We are not doing any pickups or delivery during this time due to the COVID-19 crisis.
What We Accept
We accept quality, gently-used items in the following categories:
- Books and magazines (except encyclopedias)
- Baby items (except car seats and cribs)
- Clothing (children’s, juniors, and adults)
- Electronic items (except televisions, computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners)
- Household appliances (large appliances must be current – 10 years old or newer)
- Housewares and wall art
- Sporting goods (except exercise equipment such as treadmills, weight sets, etc)
- Toys and games (except stuffed animals)
- Vehicles (such as autos, boats, and campers)
What We Do Not Accept
To maintain quality and safety and to make efficient use of our resources, we do not accept the following items:
- Dirty, broken or damaged goods
- Televisions, large or small
- Computers, fax machines, keyboards, printers, and scanners (if you have used computers, computer accessories, or computer components to donate, you can bring them to CompRenew)
- Children’s car seats—changing safety standards bans them from resale shops
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Exercise equipment such as treadmills and weight machines
- Home renovation items such as kitchen sinks, kitchen cabinets, paint, etc.
- Any liquid items (shampoo, paint, soap etc.)
- WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY FURNITURE DONATIONS AT THIS TIME DUE TO LIMITED STAFF AND SPACE DURING COVID-19
Did you know that the I.R.S. value of your donated items is usually larger than their garage sale value? Every item you donate to New 2 You is tax-deductible. Find help with donation tax deduction values here.
photo credit Dawn Wiltzer Photography